Tuesday, February 14, 2012

post 6

As were still on the subject of things we learned and challanges I'm writing on what I've learned from reading On Writing and the challanges I face writing on the Wikipedia project. I've learned alot more than I thought from reading On Writing. Stephen King lays it out where writing is easier is understand. The book is full of relateable information and an autobiography. I've learned alot about his addictions and life challanges and experiances. I learned he was so messed up on drugs he didn't even remember writing Cujo. I also learned it's not always about the length and making things longer. He also doesn't like how some writers always use adverbs after he said or she said. I've learned alot from this book and though I'm not finished reading it I know there will be much more for me to learn.

My challanges I will face is my group is writing pretty much the analaysis of his book in our words. I feel I got the hardest part as in I have the part that talks about how he feels about writing and what he considers good. Though it is easy for me to understand I feel I will have trouble explaining it in my own words because I feel he puts it perfect. So Hopefully me and group will figure away to do this. I feel this will be a very difficult task. But I think our class can put our heads together and figure this thing out.

4 comments:

  1. Stephen King is amazing author, and with every author comes their challenges they face when writing. We forget how screwed up some people are. And we wonder where their ideas come from. If you really think about its completely crazy. We think their ideas just come from no where, when they come from the darkest places of their being. Its scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have enjoy the readings assigned in this course because they are real life situations. And where we admitted it or not we all like to understand and know others life stories. Or something certaining their most inner being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you I feel that this project is a very strenuous one but if we mold our minds together overcome anything that is placed in our pathway . So I say our class is really doing a great job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also surprised when I read that Stephen King was so geeked that he didn't remember writing 'Cujo'. Also that he wrote several books that mirrored what he was going through personally as a writer. 'Misery' is a good example. People say that the best stories come from tortured minds. I think Stephen King is a living example of that.

    ReplyDelete